Managing your self-directed IRA.
At Pacific Premier Trust, we know the account opening process is just the beginning. Once you're up and running with your Pacific Premier Trust account, you can count on us to continually monitor and upgrade our systems to protect your personal and financial information.
We're here to help you navigate your ongoing account maintenance—and to develop new online tools to make it easier for you to manage your IRA account.
Make a Contribution
You can fund your new Pacific Premier Trust account by electing to transfer cash and/or assets into the account using our online application process. Alternatively, if you are transferring funds from a traditional, Roth, or SEP IRA, you can fill out a Pacific Premier Trust Transfer/Rollover Request form. If you are transferring funds from a SIMPLE IRA, you can fill out a SIMPLE IRA Transfer/Rollover Form.
Another way to fund your Pacific Premier Trust account is to rollover funds from a qualified account at another institution. Please contact your current custodian to find out more information about rolling over funds to a Pacific Premier Trust IRA.
Take a Distribution
Pacific Premier Trust offers three convenient ways to take a distribution from your account:
- Log in to your account, and then select Distributions followed by Request Distribution.
- Submit a Pacific Premier Trust Distribution Request form.
- If you’ve previously taken a cash distribution from your account, one of our Client Services representatives can take your request over the phone. Call us at 800.962.4238.
Download and complete one of the forms below. Then submit the completed form either by mail or uploading it online.
As a Pacific Premier Trust client and IRA owner, please remember to always perform the following account maintenance:
- Pay quarterly fees
- Maintain minimum cash in your account to cover any asset expenses
- Take required minimum distributions
- Communicate any asset changes to Pacific Premier Trust
Additional Maintenance Based on Asset Type
Numerous events can impact your private equity investments. The investment sponsor is responsible for notifying Pacific Premier Trust of the following:
- Confirmation of the purchase within 14 days
- Capital calls
- Additional purchases
- Valuation updates (at least annually)
- Address and/or name changes
- Stock splits
- Corporate actions and Reorganization events
- Final payoff or notice of default
Client will need to provide notice if sponsor does not respond.
Investing in real estate within your IRA means your account is the actual owner of the property. As such, the following ongoing maintenance and documentation is required:
- Expenses: See our Real Estate Expense FAQs for details
- Recorded deed
- Rental agreement: Pacific Premier Trust must review and sign
- Valuation: IRA owner is responsible for providing valuation (at least annually)
- Sale of property: Please refer to the real estate sale checklist for details
Notes Secured by Deeds of Trust
If your note investment is secured by a deed of trust, the following ongoing maintenance and documentation is required:
- Recorded deed of trust and other applicable documents: Must be submitted within 90 days
- Payoffs: See our payoff checklist for details
- Loan payments: Ongoing deposit slips are required
For any notes held in your IRA, it is your responsibility to communicate the terms of your investment to Pacific Premier Trust, including:
- Maturity date of note
- Any changes to the terms of the note
- Annual consent
To update the status of a current note held, please use the Note Investment Status form.
If your note no longer exists, you can remove the note from your account by using the Note Investment Removal Request form. Be sure to submit the required backup documentation indicated on the form.