Providing solutions for family offices.
Whether you manage a family office or you’re a member of one, we can work with you if you're trying to achieve the tax advantages that come with using retirement funds to invest in alternatives. The investments you put in your IRA tend to be those with a long investment horizon, which match the longer holding periods required of many non-traded investments.
Tax-Advantaged Investing Through Retirement Funds
Chances are, you’ve invested taxable dollars in opportunities offered by your family office. There’s another source of funds you can use to invest through your family office — tax-advantaged IRA dollars. With an IRA that you self-direct, you can invest retirement dollars in alternatives assets, such as private equity and real estate. With more than 30 years of experience, we act as a custodian for account holding approximately $17 billion in assets which includes nearly 41,200 unique assets1.
As the preferred self-directed IRA alternative asset custodian for top broker-dealers, Pacific Premier Trust can help you and your advisor decide if you should roll your old 401(k) into a tax-advantaged IRA capable of investing in alternatives.
- Simple and straightforward process of using an IRA to invest in alternative assets
- Compatible with many of the top 3rd-party data aggregation providers, allowing you and your advisor to easily create a holistic view of your entire portfolio, including the assets held at Pacific Premier Trust
- Periodic reporting of the activity in your account, including quarterly statements and required IRS reporting
1 As of 03/31/2023.
Private Fund Custody for Family Office Funds and Special Purpose Vehicles
Today, family offices are using sophisticated investment capabilities to launch their own funds or special purpose vehicles (SPVs) for co-investment or direct investment opportunities. Pacific Premier Trust acts as custodian for accounts holding more than approximately $17 billion in assets under custody which includes nearly 40,300 unique assets, with the expertise necessary to handle the custody and administration of family office funds1. Partnering with Pacific Premier Trust means you can successfully meet client expectations while knowing your fund’s assets are custodied by an experienced firm.
- Extensive experience in the custody of alternative asset funds and special purpose vehicles
- Work directly with a Relationship Manager dedicated to meeting your fund custody needs
- Receive quarterly statements showing fund-level positions and activity
- Safekeeping, cash processing, and asset transaction processing
1 As of 03/31/2023.
Contact a Professional
Complete the form below and we'll contact you
Individuals and Professionals – Open Account
M-F 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. MT